MNP or Mobile Number Portability in Aircel is process to change your mobile network from another network to Aircel while retaining same mobile number. Mobile Number Portability service is available in all mobile networks throughout the country. In foreign countries, ‘Recipient-Led’ porting system is used for the MNP process. However, Indian telecom companies uses the ‘Donor-Led’ porting system. In the ‘Donor-Led’ system the customer who wants to port needs to contact the donor company to get the porting code and follow further other steps for MNP. Most of the countries offer MNP service free of charge but in India you are required to pay Rs.19 for using this service. Also Read our article on All USSD Codes in Aircel.
How to Port to Aircel from Other Mobile Networks ?
After reading this article you will be able to know :
- How to Port to Aircel from Airtel ?
- How to Port to Aircel from Idea ?
- How to Port to Aircel from BSNL ?
- How to Port to Aircel from Vodafone ?
- How to Port to Aircel from Tata Docomo ?
- How to Port to Aircel from Reliance ?
- How to Port to Aircel from Other Mobile Networks ?
Important Points to Note for Mobile Number Portability in Aircel
- You can also port between a prepaid and postpaid numbers.
- You are required to complete 90 days from the date of activation of your mobile number with your present mobile service provider.
- As per Telecom Regulator Authority of India (TRAI) you are allowed to port to any service provider in any city withiin India.
For taking Data and Balance Loan in Aircel, Read :
Documents Required for Mobile Number Portability in Aircel
- Two photographs.
- Self Attested copy of Proof of Identity and Proof of Address documents(PAN Card for Identity Proof & Aadhaar Card, DL, Bank Statement etc for Address Proof will be accepted)
- Completely filled & signed Aircel Mobile Number Portability form.
- Completely filled & signed Customer agreement form.
- Present Mobile Number, Name of Telecom Operator (Aircel) and UPC code.
General Steps for Mobile Number Porting
- Send SMS to 1900 in this format: PORT <Your Mobile Number>
- Receive your UPC (Unique Porting Code) with the expiry date as SMS on your Mobile Number.
- Apply for MNP using the UPC code before the expiry date.
- Visit the Office of Mobile Service provider to which you want to port and complete the necessary formalities and buy a new MNP SIM card.
- In the time being, your New telecom operator will acquire permission from your existing operator.
- After the new telecom operator gets permission from your existing telecom operator, the new operator will fix the time of MNP and you will be informed about it through SMS.
- By sending a final SMS to your existing mobile number the existing operator will disconnect the services to your current mobile number for some hours. This is known as the non service period (From 12 midnight to 5 am).
- Once the non service time ends, you can insert the new MNP SIM and your new telecom service operator will claim your number and the services from your New telecom provider will be available soon.
More Aircel Articles :
Important Steps for Mobile Number Porting to Aircel
1) Obtain UPC (Unique Porting Code) to authenticate your ownership to your current mobile operator by sending an SMS in the format given below :
PORT <10 Digit Mobile Number> to 1900.
2) A Unique code will be sent to your Mobile Number (by your Current Service Provider) which is of 8 Digits
3) Go to the Nearest Aircel Store or Aircel Retailer and fill the MNP Application form and submit it.
4) Submit the required documents needed for Aircel MNP i.e., Photo ID & Address proof. If you are a postpaid customer you need to submit your latest postpaid bill & last paid bill receipt as well.
5) You will receive an acknowledgement SMS from +1901 on existing Mobile Number after 4 days for your mobile number porting request. Within 3 days from then, you will be receiving confirmation SMS from +1901 of your successful porting request.
For more information on MNP, You can also : http://www.aircel.com/AircelWar/appmanager/aircel/delhi?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=P16800927901291103199550
Important Information about Mobile Number Portability
- No need to change the Mobile Number.
- A Service Charge of Rs.19 is charged for MNP as per TRAI.
- Mobile Number Porting process may take up to 7 days.
- All the Post paid customers should pay their outstanding bill before the apply for porting.
- Active connection for at least 90 days is needed before applying for porting.
- Check whether you have all the documents mentioned above.
- You are not allowed to port a landline number.
This is the complete process to port to Aircel from any other mobile service provider.
Important Note : Please note that the process to port to Aircel from Any Mobile Network is the same. With this article you can port to Aircel from Idea, Airtel, BSNL, Tata Docomo, Aircel, Reliance and all other Mobile Networks.
Other Aircel Articles :